RETAIL & DESIGN INTERN
LOCATION: 2461 Russell St, Detroit, MI 48207
POSSIBLE SHIFTS: Part-Time, hourly, shifts available Monday - Sunday, dependent on your individual schedule but must include Saturdays
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for a position at GETTEES, please email your resume to email@example.com with Retail & Design Intern in the subject line by clicking the apply now button below.
What’s located in the heart of Eastern Market, stocked with the best apparel around, and operated by a team of passionate Detroit-ers?
The new GETTEES flagship store! We recently opened our first physical retail location, and we’re looking to add a talented, multi-tasking intern to help us with our daily operations in Detroit, MI. This is an entry-level position — the ideal candidate does not need any prior retail experience, but we are looking for someone with experience in design — whether it be graphic design, apparel patterning, multimedia design etc. You also must possess an outgoing personality and an interest in enhancing the shopping experience for our consumers. You’re not here to push sales; you’re here to chat with community members, tell the GETTEES story, and aid in the growth of a brand that is bringing apparel manufacturing back to Michigan.
- You’ll be handling typical retail store responsibilities: Greet and welcome customers, fold and organize product, operate the cash register, be knowledgeable of the products and brand story in order to educate and assist customers, keep the store clean and presentable and assist where needed in the maintenance and operating of the flagship store as well as pop-up shops.
- Although this is a retail position, we’re looking to grow our digital and marketing team from within. If you’re skilled in design and are looking for a way to get involved with a made-in-USA brand changing the apparel game right here in Detroit, consider applying and let us know what you bring to the table!
- No prior retail or sales experience needed — we’re here to learn and grow with you in our new flagship store.
- You have experience in graphic design, illustration, or pattern design.
- You’re creative, with high energy and a positive attitude.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business.
- You’re willing and able to commute to Eastern Market, Detroit — even if you’re not native to the city, we know you’ll love it a little bit more each day.
- You’re dependable and reliable with a strong attention to detail.