Job Title: Content Marketing & PR Manager
Location: Detroit, MI
Status: Full-Time, exempt
Reports to: Founder, Creative Director
GETTEES is a Michigan-based clothing brand that was founded to bring value to both those who wear and those who buy our products as a champion of honest, quality American apparel manufacturing. By operating our own factory in Metro Detroit, Michigan, we've cut out unnecessary costs and third parties, resulting in lower production costs for us, lower prices for our customers and higher wages for our workers. We source only the highest quality materials across the U.S. - from thread and fabric to hangers and packaging - and have partnered with the few luxury-brand material suppliers left in the United States to use custom fabrics other brands won’t spend money on.
We are currently looking to add a Content Marketing & PR Manager to our team. The position will be about 60% Social Media Management, 30% PR and 10% whatever comes up (welcome to startup life). This person will take charge of the social media efforts of the brand in collaboration with our Creative Director and Content Creators and is responsible for the planning, curation, and distribution of content for GETTEES social channels.
The PR aspect of the position entails seeking out opportunities for industry contacts, publication and company exposure in Detroit and nationwide. We are a small, young, tight-knit team with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for bringing garment manufacturing to Detroit while being an advocate for the city, its lifestyle and creative culture. This position is a unique opportunity to work with a fast growing startup in the apparel industry.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Own the social media planning and measurement for the brand
- Manage social accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin) and day to day content publishing
- Create, develop and execute a strategic social media plan using paid advertising
- Assist with creating and writing blog posts and publishing
- Work with the Creative Director, Content Creator and Designers to plan content, campaigns and paid advertising that work in line with the social media calendar
- Build relationships with media and seek out opportunities for publication, media clips and collaboration opportunities to increase exposure and awareness of the brand
- Get creative to drive news-based and proactive product and company coverage
- Stay on top of what’s happening in the PR world with media, competitors, tools and services – looping in the team and leveraging trend info to keep method ahead of the curve
- Share key press placements, develop a monthly buzz report, elevate trends and learnings to appropriate teams, etc.
- Frequently update Press Kits and press materials
- Implement paid social campaigns and monitor analytics and share reports with team to consistently improve effectiveness
- Participate in team meetings and brainstorms and be on top of performance social media trends
- Monitor and manage dialogue throughout various social channels
- Identifying and creating engagement opportunities that will help grow our audience and increase brand awareness.
- You are eager to learn and grow with a startup brand and have a go-getter and entrepreneurial mentality
- You work well in a team environment but are also reliable and can work independently
- You roll up your sleeves and dig in and are willing to step in and help where needed, even if it’s outside of your “responsibilities” - this is a startup after all!
- You are flexible. You understand that in a fast growing company things can change last minute
- You fully understand and can effectively use Instagram, Facebook and Facebook Business Manager, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn
- You stay up to date on all the most current social trends and developments, and are continually looking for ways to use that knowledge to the benefit of business growth
- You're able to find a unique angle, pitch a story, get it in front of relevant influencers, and use it to gain awareness and exposure for the client.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Clearly articulate ideas through concise and timely written and/or verbal correspondence with proper grammar, etc.
- Strong passion for cinematography and videography
- Strong passion for social media and current events
- Strong passion for fashion and manufacturing industries
- Strong organizational and project planning skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with social media scheduling platforms (ie. Sprout Social)
- Basic knowledge of the Adobe Suite (ie. Photoshop)
Downtown Detroit, MI - Campus Martius
Sterling Heights, MI - Metro Detroit
From our downtown Detroit WeWork office to our factory, GETTEES is a laid back, yet fast paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building and are a small and ambitious team. As a collaborative and close-knit team, we love to have fun together, whether it be through lunch-time ice skating at Campus Martius park, mid-day coffee runs, trying new bars or restaurants and writing blogs about them, or getting carried away discussing our favorite podcasts and music.
We offer a standard health insurance package, 401k program, paid vacation, personal days and paid holidays.
If you think this is ‘you’, we'd love to hear from you! Write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit and why you want to work with us! (We really do read them!) Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Content Marketing & PR Manager” in the subject line.